Most organisations have been aware that Directors and Officers have a duty to ensure that they meet Due Diligence requirements regarding compliance with legislation.
The new Model Workplace Health & Safety Act that is to be implemented in all States has identified in more detail how this is to be achieved.
The new definition requires that the ‘duty holders’ have a duty to –
- Have an understanding of the nature of the operations and the hazards and risks with those operations
- Have up to date knowledge of WHS laws and compliance requirements
- Verify that the risks are appropriately controlled
- Ensure that there are processes to review, consider and action OHS issues
- Ensure verification of audits and reviews
RiskChase have developed an audit module to determine conformance with these issues and can provide ‘duty holders’ with assurance on a one off or regular basis.